Friday, January 22, 2010

ACHILLES TENDONITIS - Health Blogarithm, Wednesday 19th January 2010

I've been working on my Achilles a lot. This week I stumbled on a neat trick.

For some time I've been wearing neoprene anklets to keep the Achilles warm. I work from home so I can wear them around the house. Some night's I've worn them to bed.






A mate of mine suggested icing the Achilles, which I've been doing after my walk/run. I filled an empty cool drink bottle up with water, placed it in the freezer and then rested by Achilles on it.



It's OK.

BUT, the last couple of days I've started putting a couple of ice cubes down the back of the neoprene anklet.

While I'm working the ice slowly melts. I don't know where the water goes and I don't care.

I think it's working.

On the track Got up early and did half an hour on the stepper all over 140 bpm.

Then went for a walk with the boys and ran for 20 minutes. Things are looking up.

In the meantime stay tuned,.highly tuned, and keep icing your Achilles.

John Miller
http://www.fitandhealthyonline.com/
http://www.globalbackcare.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment