Sunday, February 7, 2010

ICE IS NICE - Saturday 6th February 2010


On the track
Had a very good run this morning. Time for the Namatjira run, 23.34, about a minute and a half quicker than previously. The run with David Beard must have had an effect. I felt I was running not jogging.

I read about - and have seen - athletes standing in garbage bins full of iced water after exercise.

I decided to do it after the run.

Got a couple of waste paper bins, filled them up with water and put in some ice.

Later in the day I bought some garbage bins so I can get my calves iced as well as my Achilles.

I'll report back on how it goes.

In the meantime stay tuned, highly tuned and if you get tight calf muscles after exercises, stick them in the ice bucket.

John Miller
www.fitandhealthyonline.com
www.globalbackcare.com

No comments:

Post a Comment