Monday, February 15, 2010

TRAVELLING MAN - Thursday 11th February 2010

I started off the day in Newcastle running a Seven Habits of Fit and Healthy People seminar for 15 or so OH&S executives. A really good bunch, they weren't in bad shape.

They willingly did the 20m run test of aerobic fitness. It's a fundamental measure of how healthy you are.

Pity there's not a doctor in the country who will ever take their customers out the back and watch them walk, shuffle and jog for 5 minutes. That's too hard. Surgeries are sweat-free zones.

Anyway to cut a long story short I find it difficult to discipline my eating on these trips.

I did, for the first time ever purchase a bottle of water on the trip up the night before.

On the way back to Canberra I was tired and stopped for a bite and a coffee half way between Newcastle and Sydney. The donut was irresistible.

Then I had a sleep. Then I stopped for a drink and arrived home about seven hours after I left Newcastle. it should take about 5 hours.

On the track
There was no track. It's hard to leave for work at 7am, get back home at 11.00pm and find time for the track.

In the meantime stay tuned, highly tuned and do your level best to steer clear of junk food when you travel.

John Miller
www.fitandhealthyonline.,com
www.globalbackcare.com

No comments:

Post a Comment