Wednesday, April 21, 2010

THE BIG ISSUE - Friday 9th May 2010

When ever I see someone selling copies of the Big Issue I make a point of buying one. I admire people who are getting up from being down on their uppers, who are out there doing something to turn a quid; much admire. Thyey are engaging and optimistic. They like their customers (which is more than I can say for the woman who makes the coffees at the local McDonalds' cafe.) I also make a point of paying them what I think the magazine is worth, if you know what I mean.

The big issue coming up on Monday is
'as the Council of Australian Government what can we do to improve the health,
fitness and wellbeing of Australians?'
That should be a very good debate between out Prime Minister, the Premiers and Chief Ministers that could run for a few days at least.

Instead what will we get? A program to pour more money down the medical black hole.

Will it change the face of medical care for the better? Nope.
Will anyone become fitter and healthier? Nope.

Will we have to go through the same rigmarole next year? Yep.

On the track
Went out with the boys. Had a slight twinge on the right calf a few days ago, but seemed to be holding up a bit better this morning. Jogged, not ran.

I think that using 'The Stick' to massage my calves and loosen them up has been a good thing. In fact I'd recommend it. That and an ice pack down the back of my neoprene anklets.

You can purchase 'The Stick' at www.thestick.com.au
In the meantime stay tuned highly tuned and remember, history repeats itself, first as tragedy and then as farce.
John Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment