Thursday, April 29, 2010

DEAR MINISTER - Wednesday April 28th 2010

Ms Roxon
Minister for Health
Parliament House
Canberra ACT 2611

Dear Minister,

I notice that the AMA has put in a claim for $830m to fix up doctors' surgeries.

This sounds like a very worthwhile way to expend public money and stimulate the economy. In fact, being a refurbishment program it's something you may like to call on your colleague the Deputy Prime Minister to supervise. She has form on this sort of program.

Many of these doctors spend long, arduous hours in dark rooms with customers hacking all over them, all for scant personal financial gain. Many are sitting there, boiling in summer and freezing in winter with the seat out of their pants. I know that some of them need the addition of car ports to their rooms in order to prevent birds crapping all over their BMW’s and Mercs.

I'm all for the Government stepping in to improve conditions in surgeries. Some of the surgeries I’ve been in certainly do need a lick of pain and a dozen more comfortable chairs.

I haven't spoke to the President of the AMA about this, but I’d suggest the Government put in an extra $570m to pay for computers and a broadband connection so doctors can receive and send emails to their customers.

I also think that the Government should be paying subscriptions to Time, Readers Digest, Wheels and Women’s Weekly to ensure customers are kept up to date in their reading.

Minister, I’m in the health game, running corporate health seminars, conducting the CrookBack Clinic for individuals and writing volumes on health, fitness and wellbeing.

I’m looking around my home office. It does indeed need a tidy up, which I’m happy to do myself. It also needs painting and the carpet is worn, particularly in the doorway and under my feet. I’d like some more shelving. The book case and the cupboard are chockablock. In fact I have to admit I'd be ashamed to have someone come into this office at the moment.

I estimate that it will cost about $4,300 to paint the room and$2,700 for the carpet. The quote I got for new shelving was $3,500. I’ve also had a quote for an air-conditioner - $3,200, installed. The quotes I got for the painting, bookshelves and installation of the air-conditioner are GST free; I’ll be paying cash.

You can send the cheque to Miller Health Pty Ltd, P.O. Box 3718 Weston ACT 2611.

In the meantime Minister, stay tuned, highly tuned and remember, the best way to stimulate the economy is to pour more money down the medical black hole.

John Miller

On the track
It's Wednesday, out with the boys for a walk, shuffle and jog.

John Miller
www.millerhealth.com.au
www.fitandhealthyonline.com
www.globalbackcare.com
www.crookback.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment