Sunday, April 11, 2010

THE RUDD - ABBOTT MEDICAL DEBATE A FIZZER - Tuesday 23rd of March 2010

The great medical debate today was a complete fizzer.

Rudd just wants to satisfy his ego by pouring more money down the medical industry black hole Well, it's time someone told him that you can't make a bad system better by throwing more money at it.

Abbott, despite being health Minister for 5 years doesn’t have a policy yet. You’ll have to wait until the election. I don't think it's because he's lazy, he’s just not interested. He should be.

I'm yet to be convinced that his Shadow Minister is up to the job. You'd reckon he'd be champing at the bit with new policies, criticizing Rudd and Roxon, baring his teeth on television ... I haven't heard so much as a peep!

Abbott’s a fit man, an iron man. But he doesn't seem to be able to translate his own personal commitment to the fit and healthy way of life into public policy. He couldn’t do it while he was Minister for Health.

Unless I'm wrong, and I hope I am, I think we might just get more of the same while he’s the Leader of the Opposition. If past and present performance is any indication, about all we can expect is a few A4 pages of stuff to paper over the cracks, plus the odd nod and wink to the medical union and the Catholic Hospital crowd. They were all there at the great debate with their ears pinned back and frothing at the mouth. They reckon the honey pot is about to get a lot bigger.

I'm disappointed. I hope I'm wrong.

It’s a terrible shame.

On the track
No track today. Went to the dentist to have two teeth implants.

An hour and a half in the chair, cost $3,850. The woman on the front desk said to come back in a week and have the stitches out - for free. I said, ‘you’re kidding!’

Took a couple of valium-type pills before the operation. Knocked me right out. Didn’t feel a thing.

In the meantime stay tuned, highly tuned and if you want a license to print money become a dentist.

John Miller
http://www.fitandhealthyonline.com/
http://www.globalbackcare.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment